Picking the right kind of garage door can be a difficult decision to make, and potentially one of the most important security choices you make for your house. An unsecured garage door can leave a big opening to some of your most valuable possessions, so choosing right for your property is key. Read on to find out more about the many types of garage door available to you, and see which is the right option to protect your property.
Sectional Garage Doors
Sectional garage doors are exactly what they say on the label. Garage doors that come in sections, and roll up in their sections when they open. They have become one of the most popular types of garage doors for a selection of reasons. These include, but are not limited to:
- Strength and stability, as provided by solid construction making use of galvanised steel with insulating foam.
- Safety, as technologies such as the Pinchfree finger-safe design, can allow you to open and close the door freely without risk of trapped fingers.
- Depending on the specific garage door you purchase, you can get incredibly smooth and quiet operation.
The benefits of using a sectional garage door on the Gold Coast are wide and varied, but the overall ease of use and high quality of build means that you can expect a great standard of garage door that can keep you secure without posing any operational risks.
The main rival to the sectional door is the roller door. Manufactured by brands such as Firmadoor and Rollmasta, a roller door rolls up to open in the same way as a sectional door. However, the fundamental difference between the two is the number of segments. A roller door contains dozens of solid panels that flex next to each other, rolling up to your garage roof and smoothly and quietly.
Some of the benefits of a roller door over a sectional door include:
- The space saved, as a roller door neatly fits into your garage roof.
- The level of security offered, with no gaps between panels as you can come across with some sectional doors.
- Quality insulation, as all roller doors have two layers of metal with an insulating layer in between.
Which should I pick?
A lot of garage door choice comes down to your personal taste. Where a sectional door can offer a much more classy look, roller doors are incredibly functional and easy to use. Whether you prefer the look and safety of a sectional door or the ease of use and security that a roller door can offer, all of the doors at Gold Coast Door Centre will keep your home safe and secure for years to come.
If you’re interested in a new garage door, whether roller, sectional, or even something more tailored to your home, call the Gold Coast Door Centre team on 07 5535 5100 today.
We’re always happy to offer a range of help and advice for anyone looking for a new garage door, and we can offer a range of quality options to protect your home.